The next round of designs* for the new Getting Involved page is now available. I think things look better and flow better than the first mock-up we posted. Specifically:
- All of the pathways for getting involved are now above the fold—the ticker has been included as another option in the tabbed browser and a contact form is in the sidebar.
- The original design was all text and a bit drab. A tweaked star graphic from the home page (this can develop as a theme across the site whenever information about contributing is available) and a prominent space for graphics promoting opportunities livens things up.
What do you think? Getting better? Still needs work?
* This is round 2.5 since we developed three designs for the second round but felt that two of them just didn’t work as well. So we took the strongest and tweaked it a bit.
- One we decided not to use built on the original search box idea that I think is impracticable.
- The other featured a more prominent email form that ended up taking up too much space.
We may be totally wrong though. If you think the above design is going in the wrong direction and we should revisit other options, let us know.